Our products are designed with love and made with the greatest care and attention to details. Here are a few tips to keep them nice and happy, in the new loving home you are offering them.
It is normal for leather goods to bear natural imperfections and anomalies, these make every piece unique and special to you. To help you better care for your specific Kat Maconie product please refer to the guide below:
We always advise storing shoes away from light and heat preferably in a clean dry area, in their original packaging.
A premium grade hide that has not been buffed to showcase the skin's natural texture. Use a clean damp cloth to gently wipe and remove any dirt.
The leather has been stamped to achieve a distinctive pattern. Use a clean damp cloth to gently wipe and remove any dirt.
The top layer of grain has been removed to achieve a soft clean finish. Use a clean damp cloth to gently wipe and remove any dirt.
The leather has been coated with a glossy varnished surface.
- Clean any dust with a damp cloth
- Remove any scuff marks with patent leather cleaner
It has a soft napped finish.
Do not clean with water alone as it will diminish the colour and texture of the item.
- Before use, seal with a professional sealant to repel dirt.
- To treat a liquid spill, pat the area with a clean cloth and then apply a layer of talcum powder on the stain. Let it set overnight, then brush with a suede brush to remove the dried powder.
- For dried stains, rub with a kneaded eraser or emery board. For heavier stains, blot with white vinegar and a clean towel. Repeat as needed until the stain disappears. This can be used on both water and salt stains.
This is a delicate material and should areas become bald it is impossible to reverse the damage. Made from calf hair that has been bleached and then printed.
Loose dirt can be removed with a slightly damp cloth and left to dry naturally.
They are derived from materials produced by plants and animals that are spun into filament, thread or rope to be woven, knitted or bound.
We would advise against the use of any cleaning products.
Loose dirt may be removed with a damp cloth and dried immediately away from direct heat.
Stretch Glitter Fabric
As with all glitter products, a small amount of glitter may be lost initially. Once the glitter has been lost, it is not possible to replace. Care must be taken to avoid contact with solvents, which may cause further glitter loss.
Loose dirt may be removed with a soft dry cloth as to not damage the glitter finishing.