The junior product developer will be responsible for supporting the design team throughout the design
process from research to product realisation. This includes design, creating product specification
packages, communicating on a daily basis with agents and factories in China for all areas of sampling
and production (both written and verbal). Relaying all technical alternations & updating product
specifications and material specifications, managing sample shipments and keeping track of the
product development process.
1. Assist with the design team across all Kat Maconie collections, including creation of
all technical specifications
2. Create CADS in Adobe design suite – specific to footwear, small accessories
3. Create technical documents for packaging and marketing materials related to
footwear + accessory production
4. Manage seasonal product development tracking sheet
5. Communicating on a daily basis with agents and factories in China for all areas of
sampling and production.
6. Relaying all technical alternations, tracking material, heel, hardware developments
and assisting where necessary direct to supplier.
7. Assisting with product quality & measurement enquiries (WS and RETAIL)
8. Sample tracking and organization
9. Logistics for sampling both samples and development samples (sending samples
and materials to and from factories, this may include any development samples)
10. Assist with fit testing & sending fit details to factory
11. Keeping track of the confirmation sampling development and signing confirmation
samples off when fit and materials meet our product specification in order to proceed
12. Manage development and archive samples within the studio and ensure seasonal
disposal of items no longer needed.
13. Work alongside the WS team to ensure sales samples are correctly managed once
sales period is complete
14. Supply all information to WS team to enable them to prepare the seasonal range
plan on Zedonk and update the team with changes to product information whenever
15. Work alongside production team to ensure any support with barcoding and labelling
from a product specification level is supplied.
- 2 year minimum experience working in footwear development or design role
- Degree or equivalent training in footwear specialism
- Proficient in Adobe suite (Illustrator & Photoshop essential, InDesign a plus)
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience in footwear product testing will be a plus
Please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com